ISALOVESBOOKS PRESENTS: Igniting The Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander Blog Tour
You should really worry about losing this dare.” My fingers trail up her smooth thighs, craving to touch her sweet spot, but I won’t. Still stupidly curious, I ask, “Oh, yeah? Why? What happens if I win?” “You win the dare and get to claim victory over not having sex with me.” What a win. “And if I lose?” Why in the hell did I ask that? Becks wickedly smirks, cocking an eyebrow. “You get a hot f*ck on the couch with your biggest fan, Finnigan.” Giving her a dark look, I warn, “Becks, take it easy today. I’m not kidding.” “Neither am I.” She lifts her shirt up above her breasts and my eyes involuntarily flicker over them. Oh, f*ck. With her voice low, she spurs me. “I know you want to touch them.” I’ve taunted her with that line before. More than once. This is payback. I can’t look away from them. It’s as if I’m spellbound. “What are you doing to me?” “Daring you.” “Yeah, but I dared you to try me and you’re not. Doesn’t that mean you are losing?” “But I’m not the professional risk-taker. I don’t have to win.” I glance up and see Becks biting her lip, and I reflexively lick mine. She takes my hands and puts them on her t*ts, keeping her hands over mine, doing the opposite of what I did to her earlier. The ring I gave her grazes my knuckle and I sharply, and powerlessly, grow hard again. I want to be such a loser. Staring at my hands on her t*ts, feeling her nipples rock hard underneath, I grumble, “Becks, you’re cheating.” “I have nothing to gain if you win.” I incredulously dart my eyes up. “Isn’t that usually the point of cheating?” She quickly moves her face to mine and licks my lip before forcing her tongue into my mouth. We hotly kiss and she shifts so my d*ck is beneath her, and she rides my tip into the crotch of her underwear. She whispers, “Feel how wet I am for you, Sparks.” I love how only my Becks calls me that. “I can feel it,” I slur against her cheek. My will is crumbling faster than a stale oatmeal cookie in a wind tunnel. Becks slides her mouth down and sucks hard on my neck, not even low enough to hide it. Pam’s going to have a good laugh, but I don’t care. With my hands frozen on her t*ts, Becks hums over my skin, marking me as hers, but all of this is sensory overload, and getting me close to losing my mind and my load. When she moves to kiss my throat, I feebly ask, “How long are you going to do this to me before I’m affirmed the winner?” I have to fixedly concentrate on not squeezing my fingers into her t*ts or I’ll absolutely be done for.
Publication Date: April 22, 2014
In the second follow up to “Chasing the Wild Sparks,” Hadley Beckett comes closer to triumphing over a reluctant Finn Wilder…
What would you do if the love of your life gave you the keys to the kingdom, but won’t let you in?
At the end of her rope, Hadley grabs her intrepid boyfriend Finn Wilder’s world by the…bridge. Finally ready to end the never-ending merry-go-round that is their unknotted life together, she enlists the help of her friends to help boost her own courage. Since Finn is all about walking on the wild side but not down an aisle, Hadley challenges him to the ultimate test that will prove her more daring than the daredevil himself, hoping Finn will take notice and change his mind about making her forever his.
Throwing down the irrevocable gauntlet, will Hadley celebrate supreme victory over his heart or will she accept the cruelest defeat at the very hand she holds?
Chasing The Wild Sparks (Book 1)
What would you do if the love of your life doesn’t want the same life you do?
Hadley Beckett has failed in not only her career, but as a daughter, friend, and girlfriend. Hadley’s longtime boyfriend, Finn Wilder, who is Richmond, Virginia’s local daredevil and favorite sportscaster, isn’t afraid of anything…almost. Hadley desperately wants a marriage and kids with him, the two things Finn infamously dreads.
Finn pressures Hadley into moving in with him, but being traditional, she wants to be married first and she wants to stick to her beliefs, just as he clings to his own. On the other hand, Finn has tolerated Hadley’s stubbornness long enough and he’s reaching his breaking point.
Fearing at 33 that she will soon be too old to have kids, Hadley wants Finn to change his mind and marry her, yet her insecurities about his public life and from his constant rebuffs have her questioning her aspirations. With conflicting advice from her friends, Hadley concludes she should take things into her own hands.
But then again, Finn Wilder has his own story to tell.
Daring the Wild Sparks (Book 2)
In the follow up to “Chasing the Wild Sparks,” Hadley Beckett’s quest for wedded bliss perseveres…
What would you do if the love of your life were closer to making your dreams come true?
Riding high in her relationship with her sportscaster/local daredevil boyfriend Finn Wilder, Hadley Beckett makes plans concerning her future with Finn. Big plans.
Infamously anti-marriage, Finn promised Hadley he’d consider taking her to the altar if she gives him more time. Diving headfirst and with encouragement from friends, Hadley formulates her own way to handle Finn if he can’t commit to her soon.
Knowing she has an uphill climb ahead of her, Hadley is still determined to succeed, yet is she unwittingly destined to fail?
20 Fun Facts About Ren Alexander
1. My favorite ice cream is chocolate/peanut butter, but I don’t do the kind with the cups in it.
2. The smell of peaches, cucumbers, and Easter lilies make me viciously gag. I can’t even walk through a produce aisle without breathing out of my mouth or holding my breath when I’m around them. Peaches are especially smelly there.
3. Watermelon, banana, and peach candy flavors are GROSS.
4. I LOVE lighthouses!
5. I’m a huge history buff. I could watch the History Channel all day when they’re showing actual shows about history.
6. I’m right-handed, but can only drive with my left hand. If I drove with my right, I would drive into a tree or off a cliff.
7. I’ve only owned two cars, both Toyotas. The first, I had for 10 years.
8. I can type 65-70 WPM, depending on my mood and what I’m typing.
9. I’m addicted to Diet Mt. Dew ever since they changed the flavor about five years ago.
10. I can’t stomp on bugs. I will hurl.
11. Mushrooms are the devil.
12. I developed asthma when I was 27.
13. I have a B.S. in criminal justice.
14. When I write, I can’t write scenes out of order. It drives me insane. I have to be driven to that point in order to express the characters’ emotions to my full capacity. It’s not organic to me.
15. I’m a music geek. If someone wants to know who sings what, my friends ask me from 50′s music and on.
16. I LOVE to laugh, but hate my laugh. Hmm…
17. I love plaid! If I could dress like a grunge chick or resembling an old man on a golf course everyday, I probably would.
18. I am VERY camera shy. You won’t find me in many pictures.
19. Each person I’ve dedicated my books to (two so far) have made it into my story as a character. Which ones are they? Hmm…
20. I have one tattoo. A skeleton key with an “R” at the top.
Ren Alexander was born in Wheeling, West Virginia, but grew up in a nearby tiny, historical, college town in the Northern Panhandle of the state. She graduated from West Liberty University, where she received a B.S. in criminal justice. Although interested in that field, her true passion was reading and writing.
She currently lives in Detroit, Michigan with her husband, two daughters and two cats.
"Chasing the Wild Sparks" is Ren's first novel.