Abused and alone, Kitty had no idea how far she’d have to flee after she finally got the courage to run. She never would have guessed she’d end up halfway around the world, or in the home — much less the arms — of dominant Australian whip-master, Noah Carver.
He knows she’s damaged, that she needs safety and time to heal, but the way her submission calls to him has Noah thinking more about what could be between them than her history.
The only question now is what she fears more: standing up to her abusive ex-dom, or staying with a man she’s afraid to love?
- For all that she might feel lost in the middle of nowhere right now, she was in the middle of his nowhere and he would keep her safe.
- She wants me to hurt her, and I will. But first, she’ll have to ask for it.
- Lost… Hurt… Broken…
- Dark… Emotional… Beautiful…
- She was so broken, so haunted… he was the last thing she needed, but she was all he wanted.
- Hit me, hurt me. I deserve it. But don’t make me want you. It’s your kisses I can’t bear.
- I’m supposed to protect her, hide her, keep her safe. I was never supposed to see her crawling naked, on hands and knees, before me. I’m not supposed to want her, but I can taste her already and my mouth keeps watering…
- There are consequences for loving him, but for once—just once—I want to feel them without being afraid.